Goplus is a versatile company that makes everything from treadmills to auto repair tools, but one of their best products is in neither of these categories. Despite the company not specializing in the construction of welders, they’ve created an excellent product in the Goplus MIG 130, a compact, reasonably priced option for both beginner and intermediate welders.
Overview of the Goplus MIG 130
The Goplus MIG 130 may not look like the most impressive welder when you first lay eyes on it, but if you take a moment to see past its modest exterior, you’ll find a remarkable product. While this may not be a high-end welder equipped with all sorts of bells and whistles, it is both affordable and capable.
With a choice of four heating settings, you’ll be able to work on a variety of projects, but we’d recommend sticking to light work with it. The MIG 130 simply doesn’t have the power to put up with heavy-duty tasks, but it’s reliable and powerful enough to work with steel or car body panels.
Goplus MIG 130: Specifications
- Processes: MIG (GMAW)
- Weldable metals: stainless steel, steel
- Input voltage: 110V
- Input phase: 1-phase
- Current: AC
- Rated output: 15% @ 105A
- Max open circuit voltage: 37V
- Amperage range: 50A to 120A
- Wire feed speed: 10 levels
- Width: 7.5 inches
- Height: 14 inches
- Length: 13.5 inches
- Weight: 35 pounds
- Warranty: 30 days
The MIG 130 also comes with a few accessories that can help beginner welders get started. When you open the box, you’ll find that Goplus has included flux-cored wire, a welding gun, a wire brush, and quite a bit more.
The only thing that didn’t quite impress us was the quality of the included welding mask. If you want to keep your eyes and face protected (hint: you do), then you’ll want to get your hands on a quality mask separately.
Usability of the Goplus MIG 130
Even though you can’t compare it to an industrial model, the Goplus MIG 130 is usually more than sufficient for residential work. Its portable design is its main advantage, as it weighs five times less than some of its competitors. Unlike other bargain welders, you also have a decent range of heat settings to choose from, which allows you to optimize the welder for the task at hand.
The Goplus MIG 130 isn’t the most powerful welder on the market, and it features a usable power range that goes from 50 to 120 amps. The rated output is only 15% at 105A, so don’t expect to be welding anything too heavy. One of the advantages of this low power draw is that this model can still operate using a 110V outlet, making it ideal for home use.
Finally, we get to where this welder shines. If you’re always moving between the workshop and your home, and you don’t want to invest in two different welders, then the MIG 130 is an excellent choice. Coming in at only 35 pounds, this welder is smaller than your average computer tower, so you’ll be able to transport it and store it with ease.
Another advantage to the Goplus MIG 130 is that it is one of the most affordable welders on the market. You can find this model available for about 130 dollars. For that price, you also get all of the included accessories as well as the welder itself, which is incredible value for money.
Unlike other cheap models, you’ll find that this welder is surprisingly reliable. If you want to get your hands on the most affordable welder that won’t break down on you within the first month, you’ll have a hard time finding anything better than this.
Features of the Goplus MIG 130
Here are some of the most important features that you’ll want to consider when looking at the Goplus MIG 130:
- The 65-inch cord for the welding gun ensures that you aren’t tethered to the machine and that you have some degree of freedom.
- Four different heating settings, allowing you to choose the right one for the job.
- Ten wire speed options allow you to choose the optimal rate of wire feeding, ensuring that you can use your wire as efficiently as possible.
- The steel frame is durable enough to put up with abuse as well as long-term wear and tear, so you’ll be sure to get your money’s worth out of this welder.
- The inclusion of a handle means that you can take full advantage of the unit’s light weight and small dimensions.
- Since the MIG 130 comes with nearly all of the equipment that you’ll need to get started welding, it’s an excellent choice for first-time users.
- The two air vents on the welder ensure that it remains within acceptable operating temperatures and that it won’t pose a risk to you or your surroundings.
Pros of the Goplus MIG 130
Now let’s take a look at some of the most crucial advantages of the Goplus MIG 130:
- For the price, you won’t find a more reliable welder, so if you want to save money on your next purchase, consider the Goplus MIG 130.
- This model’s ease of use coupled with its included accessory kit help make it one of the best choices for beginner welders.
- The combination of a handle and this unit’s small size makes it an excellent choice when looking for a portable welder.
- The inclusion of a ten-amp circuit breaker makes this welder safer.
Cons of the Goplus MIG 130
As with any product, there are also a few issues, though none are too serious:
- The low power of this welder limits it to working on thin steel and automotive body panels.
- The wire is always live, so beginners must take care when putting the gun down.
Despite its lack of power, the Goplus MIG 130 welder is probably the best choice in its price range. Thanks to this product’s excellent build quality, compact size, and low price point, it’s one of the best entry-level welders on the market.