Defining as having the ability to last and endure; the Everlast Power i-MIG 200 has a 25% duty cycle at 140 amps. The IGBT inverter design is lighter than the other transformers that are currently out. This machine is practically capable of going anywhere at any time.
Overview of the Everlast Power i-MIG 140
The Everlast Power i-MIG 140 looks basic, but do not let the looks deceive you. Whether you are a professional, or a hobbyist, this machine is equipped with top of the line, heavy duty, drive elements and a top of the line MIG gun. With the IGBT inverter design, the machine has an amazing duty cycle.
Everlast Power i-MIG 140: Specifications
- Part Number: i-mig140e
- Welder Process Type: GMAW
- Inverter Type: IGBT
- Input Voltage: 120V 1 Phase, 50/60Hz
- Output: 25 – 140A / 15.3 – 21V
- OCV: 60V
- Input (l1MAX): 38.6A
- Duty Cycle: 25% @ 140A/21V, 60% @90A/18.4V, 100% @70A/17.5V
- Protection Class: IP215
- Wire Feed Speed: Up to 360 IPM
- Spool Capacity: 4” – 8”
- Input (l1EFF): 19.5A
- Maximum of 3/16″ Single Pass: Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum
- Maximum of 3/8″ Multiple Pass: Steel, Stainless Steel, Aluminum
- Minimum of 24-gauge Capability: Use a spool gun to weld Aluminum
- MIG Gun: 15 Series, Euro, 3M
- Width: 8.5”
- Height: 13.5”
- Length: 17.5”
- Weight (unit only): 25lbs
- Warranty: 5yr
Included with the purchase of the Everlast Power i-MIG 140:
- 10ft. (3M) 15 Series MIG Gun
- Work Clamp
- Ar/Co2 Regulator
- Consumable Start Kit
- Owner’s manual with installation, operation and maintenance guidelines
Usability of the Everlast Power i-MIG 140
The Everlast Power i-MIG 140 is a powerful welding machine. It can hold its own against the competition, in part to the IGBT inverter design. The IGBT can dish out a higher amp output with an exceptional duty cycle. Especially when set side by side other transformer based MIG welding machines.
The Everlast Power i-MIG 140 is part of the economy line. This mighty machine has a 35% duty cycle at maximum 140 amps of capability. All the while producing quality work on a lower amp draw.
For the ultimate in output capability, a 30-amp circuit breaker will be required, with a minimum of a 20-amp slow trip circuit breaker is highly suggested. If running on a 15-amp circuit, close to the maximum amp/volt settings of the welder, the circuit breaker could trip. If this does indeed take place, lower the settings on the welder.
Whether you need to use the welding machine in the garage, or in the field running off a generator, the Everlast Power i-MIG 140 can go just about anywhere. Thanks to its ergonomic design, it is easily accessible and portable. Weighing in at only 25 pounds, which makes this convenient to tote around without breaking your back. Featuring a small footprint yet keeping the maximum diameter wire roll size at 8-inches.
The Everlast Power i-MIG 140 is a wise investment. Competition can price close to the thousand mark. Including the kit, and the five-year warranty direct from the manufacturer, this powerhouse machine averages about $390.
Use caution if you are purchasing it as being used or refurbished. Ensure that all is in great working condition. Also, you will need to inspect as to whether the seller will offer a warranty. If it is refurbished, some sellers do not offer warranties. A warranty, on such an amazing machine, provides comfort in case you ever need a repair or if it needs a replacement part.
Features of the Everlast Power i-MIG 140
- Leading the way with the 25% duty cycle @140 amps provides a pure, continuous output at maximum amps for just over 3 minutes long.
- The spool gun can be used for a more practical way for the feeding of aluminum and stainless steel.
- The welding kit includes a 15 series torch, work clamp and regulator.
- When compared to other MIG welders, the portable design weighs less than the competition.
- Under the cover access makes polarity change simple and convenient.
- 120V input allows for the unit to be more adaptable, giving it the ability to be used almost anywhere clean power is available.
- Flux Core Wire and Shielding Gas compatible.
- Five-year warranty, when purchased brand new.
Pros of the Everlast Power i-MIG 140
Here is just a sampling of reasons why you will enjoy owning the Everlast Power i-MIG 140:
- Basic and constituent conception of the device allows for a more user-friendly experience and improves on the long-term maintenance.
- Reliable IGBT components offer superior performance and longevity that you can depend on.
- Euro type connector allows for a quick and easy gun attachment.
- The gun can be removed effortlessly for fast transport and convenient storage.
- 15 Series MIG gun is well suited to the unit itself.
- Standard DINSE 25 style power connector for the work clamp makes for an efficient way of packing and unpacking.
- Fundamental controls allow the owner to have an effective transition occurrence from transformer type MIG welders.
- Heavy duty wire feeder drive system is made of cast aluminum and steel, versus flimsy plastic, for staying power and smooth feeding of wire types.
- Built in Pre and Post flow enhance the weld quality in the time between starts and stops, minimizing porosity and oxidation.
- Completely adjustable Voltage and Wire speed feed.
- The wire speed feed can go up to 360 inches per minute.
Cons of the Everlast Power i-MIG 140
- When purchasing the Everlast Power i-MIG 140, you may need an extension cord to go along with it.
- There is no welding gage chart. Which implies that you will need to have the experience to operate the machine, or you will want to research prior to use.
If you need a portable welding machine, then look no further than the Everlast i-MIG 140. Producing quality welding, at a valuable price. You may make the other welders green with envy.