As an extreme hobbyist, or a welder in need of a machine capable of handling an overflow of smaller projects; you will want to invest in reliable and cost-effective device. The Lotos MIG Welder is intended to be used on aluminum, mild steel, and stainless steel. Producing exceptional bead quality through a decent flow rate, easy set-up, and other characteristics that meet and exceed its competitors. It is on our list of the 10 best MIG welders overall.
Overview of the Lotos MIG Welder
The Lotos MIG175 is the big brother of the Lotos MIG140 we have reviewed. It is one of the most functional welding machines presently out on the market. Dependable, and consistently generating high-quality work, by utilizing transformer technology. Easy set-up by plugging it into your current 220V outlet that allows you to get started on the desired project in about 10 minutes.
Lotos MIG Welder: Specifications
- Processes: Flux Cored (FCAW), MIG (GMAW)
- Weldable metals: Mild steel, stainless steel, aluminum
- Input voltage: 200 – 240V
- Input phase: 1-Phase
- Maximum Flow Rate: 12 liters per minute
- Current type: DC
- Rated output: 20% @ 175A, 30% @ 135A
- Automatic voltage frequency: 50 – 60Hz
- Wire feed speed: 4.9Ft/min, 39.3 Ft/min
- Weld output: CV
- Width: 10.5”
- Height: 12.5”
- Length: 18”
- Weight: 85lbs
- Warranty: 1yr
Included in the Lotos MIG175’s money-saving bundle are:
- 175-amp MIG Welder
- MIG Spool Gun MSG094 (9 feet in length); MIG Torch MT104 (10 feet in length, 4 prong connection)
- One interior tip for spool gun MSG094 (size 0.9-0.035)
- One wrench
- One wire feeder accessory part
- MIG Accessories with one interior tip for torch MT104 (size 0.8-0.030)
- Ground clamp and cable (6 feet in length); Argon hose (4 feet in length)
- Argon Regulator AR03
- MIG Welding Solid wire (0.8mm, 0.9kg) spool
- Hand-held shield
- Cleaning wire brush
- Owner’s manual with installation, operation and maintenance guidelines
Usability of the Lotos MIG Welder
The Lotos MIG175 is a great step-up for the beginning welder, or someone who welds as a hobby and is looking for versatility to complete any overflow of work. This machine can produce professional results, with its convenience of being adaptable and easy set-up. The machine comes as a package, which offers everything that you basically need to get up and running.
A nice, and convenient, feature is that the Lotos MIG175 can easily plug-in to a 200 – 220V wall outlet that should be present inside of your garage. It contains transformer technology, capable of changing the alternating current. The power factor measures at .73 that produces a fluid flow of continuous sparking.
The high-speed MIG spool gun is more than adequate in order to weld with aluminum. It measures just over 10’ in length and has a 4-prong end connection. It can work with 4” or 6” wire spools and embodies resettable overload protection giving it a longer lifespan.
The Lotos MIG175 weighs 85lbs and can plug into any 200 – 220V outlet without any difficulty. The estimated set-up time is ten minutes, allowing you to simply transfer your machine to where you prefer to work. Versus bulkier machines that have you operating around it. This enables you to tinker on your project, whenever you want.
Offering great adaptability and containing all that you need in one simple package; the MSRP averages around $547. As the leader in MIG welding machines, to work on Aluminum, this is the overall best machine that does not break the bank. Even larger, more expensive, MIG welding machines do not always measure up to what the Lotos MIG175 is able to do.
A one-year warranty is provided from the manufacturer. Use caution if you are purchasing it as being used or refurbished. Ensure that all is in great working condition. Also, you will need to inspect as to whether the seller will offer a warranty. If it is refurbished, some offer warranties lasting three months. This is a wonderful life-saver, should you ever need to use it.
Features of the Lotos MIG Welder
- The steel gas reservoir is clean, dry and free of any oil at 75% Argon and 25% carbon dioxide.
- Aluminum gas reservoir is clean, dry and free of any oil Argon.
- Measures, with the handle, at 18-inches in length, 10.5-inches in width, and 12.5-inches in height.
- Weighs 85 pounds with 8’11” (2.7m) torch.
- Capable of MIG welding aluminum, stainless steel, mild steel, and other elements.
- Power efficiency measures in at 80%.
- Duty cycle at 40°C (104°F), 20% at 175A, 30% at 135A
- Input power cable length measures at 6 feet.
- One-year warranty, when purchased brand new.
Pros of the Lotos MIG Welder
Impressing the world of MIG welding with a list of reasons why you will thoroughly enjoy using this machine, such as:
- This welding machine can simply plug into 200 – 220V wall outlet that is currently located inside of most garages and work space areas.
- Capable of being used with solid wire for MIG welding or flux core wire.
- Progressive transformer technology highlights the Lotos 175MIG with its dependability and performance resistance.
- Built to adapt to your specifications with its boundless adjustable heat (amperage) and wire speed setting, allows it to work easily with many materials and your specific welding style.
- In about ten minutes, you will be able to be up and running, upon removing the Lotos 175MIG from the box.
- Outfitted with machine protection by containing both a temperature controller and an overload breaker.
- Utilizes industrial standardized 4 inch and 6 inch wire spools.
Cons of the Lotos MIG Welder
Overall, the Lotos 175MIG is a lot of bang for the buck! The helmet, as part of the package, does not provide the greatest coverage. Replacement parts are hard to come by, after the machine passes the given warranty. Shipping outside of the United States or APO/FPO can be costly.
The Lotos 175MIG is sure to put a spark into your creative venture. Offering great versatility, if you are solely working on a MIG project. The one-year warranty, and ease of set-up, offers you a phenomenal piece of mind.