Great for the DIY person, or hobbyist, the Hitbox MIG200 is multifunctional MIG/ARC/LIFT TIG gas “gasless” inverter welder that is simple to use and portable. Making it trouble-free for you to transport it to wherever your work space may be. It is designed to be used on a variety of metals. Included with a one-year warranty will put your mind at ease, as you embark on your newest project. The Hitbox option is on our list of the 10 best MIG welders, and is well worth the purchase!
Overview of the Hitbox MIG200
The Hitbox MIG200 is compact in size but can produce impressive quality. It has an easy control panel, which makes it straightforward to use. Alterable wire feed speed and power settings allow for this machine to meet the customizations that you specifically require. Gasless and an energy saver, while still creating a nice and smooth arc for your undertaking.
Hitbox MIG200: Specifications
- Part Number: UW-MIG200OE
- Processes: Digital MIG, MMA, LIFT ARC
- Weldable materials: metal, plastic and copper
- Input voltage: 150 – 270V
- Input phase: 1-Phase
- Output Current: 30 – 200A
- Input Hz: Automatic dual frequency 50/60 Hz
- Current type: DC
- Duty Cycle: 40% @ 200A, 100% @ 126A
- OCV: 60V
- Laser Beam Color: Blue
- No-Load Voltage: 56
- Wire (mm): 0.6 – 0.8
- Output Voltage (V): 14.5 – 6.5
- Width: 20.1 inches
- Height: 16.1 inches
- Length: 13.4 inches
- Net Weight: 22.17 pounds
- Warranty: one year
Included in the Hitbox MIG200’s money-saving bundle are:
- 200-amp MIG Welder
- MIG torch AB-15 Binzel with 3M clamp
- 25mm²cable and earth clamp
- 25mm²cable and electrode holder
- 2lb of 0.8mm flux-cored wire
- 1pc gas tube
- Owner’s manual with installation, operation and maintenance guidelines
Usability of the Hitbox MIG200
The Hitbox MIG200 can perform various functions as a MIG/ARC/LIFT TIG gas gasless inverter welder. It was created with technology that contains a high power insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT). This allows you to quickly, and smoothly, switch from one preferred setting to another.
Simplistic, and easy to read, control panel makes the Hitbox MIG200 an uncomplicated machine to use. Compatible with 0.6 – 0.8mm solid wire that can be used with the gas welding iron. For a near perfect finish, the 0.8 – 1.0mm flux-colored wire can be used without gas for welding on both carbon steel and stainless steel.
A convenient aspect is that the Hitbox MIG200 is a 3-in-1 multifunctioning machine. Gas and gasless preferences play an important role, as it operates using 220V of power. With the IGBT inverter, this machine can create seamless works of art.
Weighing in at 22.17 pounds, the Hitbox MIG200 is the ultimate in maneuverability. Simply plug it into a 220V (2-prong) outlet, and you are all set to weld. Be sure that the ground cable is secure with the ground socket for a proper, and safe, power source.
A one-year warranty is provided from the manufacturer. Use caution if you are purchasing it as being used or refurbished. Ensure that all is in great working condition. Also, you will need to inspect as to whether the seller will offer a warranty. If it is refurbished, some offer warranties and others do not. Having a warranty offers confidence in your investment, should you ever need to utilize it.
Larger, all-in-one, welding machines can sky-rocket when it comes to pricing. That is what makes the Hitbox MIG200 standout from the rest. With an average price of $485, it will save you both time and money from having to purchase multiple machines when this can do all that you need. It can perform as a MIG/ARC/LIFT TIG gas and gasless inverter welding machine. Simple format, and the convenience of having what you need within gloves reach.
Features of the Hitbox MIG200
- Compatible with a 220V outlet (2-pronged).
- Portable, weighing in at just under 23 pounds.
- New, sleek, 3D style plastic panel for better visibility.
- Switch frequency with 50HZ.
- High-power IGBT inverter current control mode, creating more consistent and dependable strokes depending on your technique.
- Full digital waveform control technology.
- Synergic adjustment and voltage can be tweaked to your specifications.
- Compatible 10lbs solid core wire.
- Available to use either 0.6 – 0.8mm solid wire.
- Flux-core wire compatible with either 0.8 – 1.0mm sizing.
- Built-in polarity conversion.
- Fan with auto-sleep function.
- Lower power consumption for better energy saving.
- One-year warranty, when purchased brand new.
Pros of the Hitbox MIG200
As a chameleon in the realm of MIG welding machines, the Hitbox MIG200 will give you plenty to take pleasure in. Such as the following:
- Incorporated inside of the machine is a cooling system that will protects your 3-in-1 machine from over-heating.
- If you are using a 2-pound flux-core wire, shield gas is not needed.
- The MIG torch connects efficiently to the positive electrode; while the work piece links to the negative electrode.
- Suitable with either the 0.6 – 0.8mm solid wire, or the 0.8 – 1.0mm flux-core wire, to create seamless works of art.
- Direct from the manufacturer, a one-year warranty should anything ever go array where you may need repairs or replacement parts.
- The MIG and Stick package is automatically included within the purchase.
- Caring for the environment by using less energy than most MIG welding machines.
Cons of the Hitbox MIG200
If you are more into TIG and welding on aluminum, consider the following information:
- If TIG welding is more of your style, you will need to purchase a TIG torch separately along with the Argon gas. The MIG and Stick come standard, and the machine does offer scratch TIG performance.
- If welding aluminum is more of your area of expertise, this machine is surprisingly not compatible as it cannot load a spool gun.
Besides the above listed; overall, the Hitbox MIG200 provides stellar quality and a pleasing finish on the tasks at hand.
The Hitbox MIG200 is portable and convenient to use. It is flexible in being converted to the work that you have ahead of you. Compared to other models that are currently available; this specific machine offers impeccable results.