Its name says it all, as the Everlast Power i MIG 200 is both powerful and enduring. Taking on any given task from the beginner welder, to the semi-professional. Offering up superb results, in both the MIG and Stick formats.
Overview of the Everlast Power i MIG 200
The number of features and benefits are boundless with the Everlast Power i MIG 200. Not only is it lightweight enough to transport around to any work location, but also has a newly designed insulated-gate bipolar transistor (IGBT) digital inverter allowing for it to easily switch from MIG to Stick. The Arc force control governs the arc components in both modes.
Everlast Power i MIG 200: Specifications
- Part Number: MIG200i
- Welder Type: Arc, MIG, Multi-Process, Stick, Wire-Feed
- Weldable Metals: Stainless Steel and Aluminum
- Input voltage: 220V
- Input phase: 1-Phase
- Duty Cycle at Max Rated Amps: 35% @ 200 Amps (MIG), 35% @ 160 Amps (Stick)
- Current type: DC
- Engine Power: Electric (AC)
- Material Application Thickness: 1-inch
- Amperage Compacity: 200 A
- Installation Method: MIG-Welding
- Maximum Amperage Output: 200 amps
- Minimum Amperage Output: 10 amps
- Included Components: Packaged as a Combo Set
- Width: 8”
- Height: 15”
- Length: 16”
- Weight: 35lbs
- Warranty: 5yr
Included with the Everlast Power i MIG 200 cost-effective kit:
- Euro style quick connector
- 10-foot Series 15 MIG gun (Binzel/Trafimet compatible).
- Ar/CO2 Regulator
- Work clamp with cable.
- Spare consumable starter kit.
- Owner’s manual with installation, operation and maintenance guidelines
Usability of the Everlast Power i MIG 200
As one lean, green, tough welding machine; the Everlast Power i MIG 200 is extremely user friendly. Containing updated IGBT digital inverter design, it lowers the weight of the unit by allowing it to be handily transportable from on worksite to another. If the MIG feature is not necessary, simply switch it over to the Stick setting for added benefits. No matter what your welding technique entails, the Arc mode within this device will steadily control the arc mannerisms in both the MIG and Stick features.
The Everlast Power i MIG 200 welder has a dual voltage of 110V/220V and is compatible with your average wall outlet. While in MIG mode, it regulates the current rise time, moving the fluidity of the produced puddles, bead designs, and the consistency of the penetration. When in Stick mode the arc force control functions as a DIG control setting, which makes the efficiency of the arc much better in shorter circumstances.
To maintain a more professional level of appearance, the Automatic Preflow and Postflow control enhances the welding technique to during pausing and when needing to restart. This minimizes the porosity, polishing the final result. The alterable burn back control limits the amount of time needed to trim the wire, so that it may be preset and ready for use when starting back up.
Weighing in at only 35 pounds, the Everlast Power i MIG200 is petite with a big punch. Capable of handling what other heavy-duty machines may generate. You can easily use this in your spare time, burning the midnight oil, on a personal project. All the while, placing it into your work vehicle the next day so that you may utilize it on a large-scale job at work.
No need to break the bank for this amazing investment, since typically machines similar to the Everlast Power i MIG 200 range upwards to the thousands. Spend wisely, as this specific machine ranges around the $750 mark. This includes the kit, and the five-year warranty direct from the manufacturer.
Use caution if you are purchasing it as being used or refurbished. Ensure that all is in great working condition. Also, you will need to inspect as to whether the seller will offer a warranty. If it is refurbished, some sellers do not offer warranties. A warranty, on such an amazing machine, provides comfort incase you ever need a repair or if it needs a replacement part.
Features of the Everlast Power i MIG 200
- IGBT inverter design allows for steady and minimal splatter.
- Arc force control (inductance) adapts arc features in both MIG and Stick settings.
- If the work area is unsuitable for MIG welding, the unit can is capable of Stick (SMAW) welding performance.
- When compared to other machines within its class; it has an above average duty cycle rating in at 35% @ 200 Amps in MIG mode.
- While in Stick mode, it has a duty cycle of 35% @ 160 Amps.
- 15 Series MIG torch measuring 10 feet.
- Auto Pre-flow Post-flow.
- Analog input with a Digital Micro-controller.
- Spool gun ready.
- Euro Quick Connector
- Stick Function
- Five-year warranty, when purchased brand new.
Pros of the Everlast Power i MIG 200
Here is just a sampling of reasons why you will enjoy owning the Everlast Power i-MIG200:
- The CC/CV IGBT inverter welder is ideal for numerous MIG and Stick projects in whatever place that power is accessible.
- Suitable for using a .023” – .045” wire and features an 8” diameter spool.
- Dual digital display makes is user friendly.
- All-around use for both MIG and Stick welding tasks.
- Heavy duty cast aluminum wire feed assembly with positive gear driven rollers.
- Able to perform with flux core features to coincide with the special-order drive rolls.
- Over current and duty cycle features inform the user with a warning light and weld interrupts.
Cons of the Everlast Power i MIG 200
If you are looking for a beauty, rather than a beast, you may want to look elsewhere. The biggest complaint about the Everlast Power i MIG 200 are the aesthetics. This will not make a fine garage décor, nor will it liven up the workplace by just sitting and collecting dust. This machine was made to be pushed to the limits, and to produce a fine craftsmanship at a reasonable price.
Overall, the Everlast Power i MIG 200 is a great product! It is known for its versatility and powerful output. Lightweight, and compatible with any 220V working outlet, will make this investment one to keep handy for years to come.